Bookmark now, serve as your next dinner party, thank us later.
4 servings | 10 minutes
8 slices Italian bread
1.5-2 cups ricotta
¼ cup heavy cream
0.5 lb trumpet mushrooms, sliced in ¼ inch slices
2–4 tbsp Bowlcut Char Siu BBQ
1–2 scallions sliced, green parts only
Flaky sea salt
1. Melt a small pad of butter in a hot pan. Add your sliced bread into the pan and toast on each side until golden brown.
2. In a bowl, whip the ricotta, heavy cream, and olive oil together until smooth and fluffy. You can use a food processor, blender, whisk, or rubber spatula. Add more ricotta if it’s too runny, add more heavy cream if it’s too thick.
3. Heat oil in a pan and pan fry both sides of the trumpet mushrooms until golden. Once golden, add in Bowlcut Char Siu BBQ sauce, ensuring you coat both sides of the mushrooms.
4. Add the filling into a piping bag. Make sure you remove any air bubbles otherwise it’ll disrupt the flow. Cut a dime sized tip and pipe it on your toast.
5. Arrange the mushrooms on top of the whipped ricotta toasts. Drizzle a bit more Char Siu BBQ on top.