Asian style tacos with a hint of smoky Chinese barbecue.
4 servings | 30 minutes
1 box of firm tofu
3 flour tortillas
2 cups of pre-mixed coleslaw
1 green onion
1 spoonful of mayonnaise
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1. Drain and cut tofu into whatever shape you'd like (we prefer slices).
2. In a bowl, mix cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat each tofu slice with the mixture.
3. Spray a baking pan with a light layer of cooking oil. Place the tofu slices evenly on the pan and bake at 425 degrees until light golden brown. *If you'd prefer to use an air fryer, bake at 350 degrees for 4 minutes.
4. While you wait, combine coleslaw mix, cayenne pepper, and mayonnaise.
5. When ready, coat baked tofu with Bowlcut Char Siu BBQ sauce.
6. Warm tortillas over a warm pan or open stovetop flame.
7. Layer in tofu and top with slaw. If desired, top with Mexican cream and lime to taste.